* Hillary Clinton was released from a New York hospital Wednesday evening after doctors treated her for a blood clot that had formed behind her ear. Her medical team said she is making good progress and they are confident she will make a full recovery. Doctors said the clot didn't result in a stroke or any neurological damage. She is in her closing weeks serving as secretary of State, with Sen. John F. Kerry expected to succeed her.
* Current TV, the struggling cable news network co-founded by Al Gore, has been sold to Al Jazeera. Co-founder Joel Hyatt announced the sale to staffers Wednesday, characterizing the deal as "very difficult." The move comes as Time Warner Cable -- the nation's second-largest cable operator -- confirms that it is dropping the channel. Other cable operators also are said to be exploring options to drop the channel.
* The season 8 winner of American Idol, Kris Allen, and his pregnant wife are fortunately safe and sound after being involved in a head-on car accident on Wednesday morning. But with the bad news came some good news as well – Allen tweeted that he and his wife are also expecting their first child together. The collision took place just a few hours into the new year. It's unclear who was at fault or what the circumstances were surrounding the accident.
* Actress and dancer Julianne Hough graces the February cover of Cosmopolitan magazine, in which she talks about her troubled past as a child living away from home and studying dance abroad. While attending the prestigious Italia Conti Academy of Arts in London, Hough said the adults around her took advantage of her being without parental supervision. "I was abused, mentally, physically, everything. I was 10 years old looking like I was 28, being a very sensual dancer." Hough, now 24, explained the abuse became worse "when I started hitting puberty, when I started becoming a woman and stopped being a little girl." Julianne and Ryan Seacrest have been dating for two years. She is starring in the upcoming romantic drama "Safe Haven," with Josh Duhamel.
* Adam Lambert took to Twitter to say that while Les Miserables was "visually impressive w great emotional performances," the score "suffered massively with great actors PRETENDING to be singers." Lambert liked the performances of Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen, but didn't think much of director Tom Hooper's live-singing strategy. He wrote, "With that cast, they should have studio recorded and sweetened the vocals." He added. "I felt like I should ignore the vocals and focus on the emotional subtext -- but the singing was so distracting at times it pulled me out." Russell Crowe is now addressing Lambert's complaints on Twitter: "I don't disagree with Adam, sure it could have been sweetened, Hooper wanted it raw and real, that's how it is."
* Lil Wayne tattooed 'baked' on his face.
* Tennessee Waltz singer Patti Page has died at age 85.
* Starbucks will start selling $1 reusable plastic cups.
* HBO sued over Luck horse deaths, accused of cover-up.
* Katie Holmes might be secretly dating Jake Gyllenhaal.
* Jon Favreau will direct an episode of The Office's final season.
* Justin Bieber added some new ink to his Jesus hands tattoo.
* Joseph Gordon-Levitt is the latest rumored for Guardians of the Galaxy.
* The sailor that Jenny McCarthy kissed on New Year's might have herpes.
* Rihanna and Chris Brown spent New Years Day together in bed all day.
* Kate Middleton has been munching on lavender biscuits to help with her nausea.
Kourtney Kardashian @KourtneyKardash “To whom it may concern, I am going to sleep. Night night!”
Kim Kardashian @KimKardashian “Its so hard to get back in the grove after New
Years! Time to get back to work!”
Paris Hilton @ParisHilton “Spent the entire day going through all my closets to donate to charity. So much to go through. Happy it will all being going to a good cause”
Kaley Cuoco @KaleyCuoco “Is anyone watching Mobbed?!?!?!,?, Best show ever ever ever”
Mindy Kaling @mindykaling “@jackburditt: @TraceyWigfield and I en route to our first day working on The Mindy Project. We're working on our banter. It is horrible.”
Kate Walsh @katewalsh “I have noticed that Russell Crowe seems to approach his characters from the hair 1st...hair-achter actor??”
Alison Sweeney @Ali_Sweeney “had such a GREAT time with Ellen today on
Ellen @TheEllenShow be sure to tune in tomorrow (Thursday, Jan 3rd) - A new day, a new game. #goodtimes"
Ricky Gervais @rickygervais “ I love the fact that my tweets always annoy and please exactly the right people. Haha.”
RainnWilson @rainnwilson “ Why is it there are 800 amazing Mexican restrnts on
Milpas in Santa Barbara but mostly lousy Mex places 2 hrs away in LA?”
Wiz Khalifa @wizkhalifa “Carrot top, road runner, turkey sssuubb”
Rihanna @rihanna “This nug look like a skull or am I just....? “ HYPERLINK "http://instagr.am/" \hhttp://instagr.am